Ninety percent conformance to a project assignment’s requirements gets you an “A” in school. 90% in the real world, for a sustainable design and construction project, leaves the involved parties with a 10% liability for allegations of green building construction defects and practicing outside the standard of care.

This personal blog shares my perspective as a forensic architect consultant and expert witness, focusing on sustainable design and green building strategies, trends, codes, standards, products, and professional practice (not “best practice”*) to avoid, reduce, or manage green building risks. I'm a Forensic Architect at ArchAnalyst Inc.

My goal is to provide an overview effect of the global green and sustainable building picture. Bringing clarity to the complexity and resources for the renaissance.

Bruce M. Bergman, AIA, LEED AP BD+C

Bruce M. Bergman, AIA, LEED AP BD+C

blank space filler.png

* I read an article the other day that used the term “good practice” instead of best practice. I’m not sure if it was an oversight, but it was darn smart. Actually I prefer the term smart practice. Perhaps your only best practice methods should be implementation of legal and insurance business strategies for your firm. Manage the risk, don’t be the risk.

______

Note: Theviews expressed on this website are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the professional associates at ArchAnalyst Inc.